- Contents - e-ifc No. 25
- Research Findings
- The Role and Function of Agricultural Extension
- The Role of Extension in Bulgaria in Increasing Agricultural Productivity - Experience over the last 20 Years
- Rootstock Efficiency in Nutrient Uptake and Utilization in a High Density Cherry Orchard Experiment.
- Presentation of IPI-FAI Award for 'Promoting Balanced and Integrated Fertiliser Use with Emphasis on Potassium'
- International Symposium in Sri Lanka
- Potassium in Soil and Plant Systems
- Other Events
- K in the Literature
If you wish to subscribe to the e-ifc please visit the subscription page.
We call it Legacy, not History.
Between 1956 and 1995, for almost 40 years, IPI published the Potash Review, a collection of themed scientific papers, with many of the papers dealing with potash use in international agriculture.
These legacy documents are now available here on the IPI website, and can be searched by title, author, year and theme. We also have a free search which will search through the full text of each document in the database.
Prof. (Emer.) Uzi Kafkafi, from the Robert H. Smith Inst. of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Faculty of Agriculture says that "A new transformation of the practical reports, published in Potash Review for over 40 years, is once again bringing to life the basic agronomical knowledge accumulated in almost a century of advanced agricultural research. These reports are now easily accessible and the advanced search technology provides access to the whole Potash Review library. Basic information, needed by agronomists and growers, can now be retrieved quickly and accurately with the proper references. In this new format Potash Review can replace old plant nutrition books that are not easily accessible these days. In present, modern times, where most agriculture research centres are concentrating on genetic research, such basic agronomic knowledge is neglected and the current generation of students has no real contact with the old accumulated wisdom. IPI deserves deep appreciation for the resurrection of this real basic knowledge in fertilizers and plant nutrition that otherwise would have been lost forever."
This work was possible also with the support of The Library Authority, Library of Agricultural, Food, and the Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel. We thank them for their support.
e-ifc Chinese Edition
At the time of publishing the e-ifc No. 24 edition (September 2010), IPI began translating the complete e-ifc to Chinese. This task has been undertaken by a team of dedicated scientists in China.
From January 2011, we will begin to post the e-ifc Chinese edition on the IPI website as well as various Chinese academic websites. "The opportunity to provide the contents of the e-ifc in another important language, to many other potential readers is exciting and greatly adds to our existing activities in China" says Mr. Eldad Sokolowski, IPI Coordinator China.
Dr. Tian Youguo, Chief Editor of the e-ifc Chinese edition, says that although the substantial amount of work involved in turning the four annual issues into a Chinese newsletter is challenging, this new development for e-ifc provides an opportunity to bring this important publication to many Chinese scholars and to share agricultural research findings from different countries and experiences.
The people behind the e-ifc Chinese edition are:
- Dr. Tian Youguo, National Agro-tech Extension and Service Center (NATESC), MOA, Beijing;
- Dr. Jia Xiaohong, Soil And Fertilizer Extension Service, Beijing Municipal city;
- Ms. Zeng Xiaoduo, Guangdong Institute of Eco-environment and Soil Sciences, Guangdong;
- Dr. Duan Yinghua, Institute of Soil and Fertilizer, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing;
- Dr. Tan Qilin, College of Resources and Environment, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan; and
- Mr. Zheng Lei, National Agro-tech Extension and Service Center (NATESC), MOA, Beijing.
- Choose your App
- New publication
- IPNC 2013
21 August 2013